Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

On Father's Day and Parenting a 5.5 Month Old

Well, through 5.5 months now with Nolie and on to my first official Father's Day (or, as I like to think of it, on to my 1.5 Father's Day since parenting prep really began when Nolie was in utero).  

So, reflections on this first (and-a-half) Father's Day:

1) I honestly can't remember life without Nolie and wouldn't be able to go back to that time anyway (I'd miss him too much).

2) I never truly understood the joy parenting can bring until now.

3) Seeing the world through the eyes if an infant can make even the most mundane tasks seem fascinating.

4) Getting Nolie to smile is one of my most rewarding joys (though I often find it funnier when he fails to react my my antics, giving me that blank stare that would make the heartiest of stand-up comics shudder).

5) 5.5 months is a great age! Pre-crawling, full alertness makes for fun times.

6) Some great challenges upcoming (solid foods, back-carrying, more immunizations, etc.).

7) Great Father's Day recognizing my model in this (my dad) and having Nolie there makes it extra special.

8) On to he good stuff: more photos!







1 comment:

  1. As of age six, we have yet to find an age that hasn't been great!

    Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete